Top 100 English Literature Solved MCQs Quiz
English Literature Solved MCQs Quiz
1)Repetition of same vowel sound?
2)The poet who used extensive alliteration?
3)Wuthering Heights wrote by?
4)The poem “Byzantium” is written about?
5)Carl Sandburg born at?
6)T.S Eliot was?
American by birth; British from 1927
7)Wasteland of Eliot is dedicated to?
8)Did Shakespeare act in one of the plays of?
9)Elizabeth Sewell born in?
10) Does linguistics be the combination of ______ words?
11)The sound produced with obstruction of air?
“Study of meanings”
13)Word language consists of two_____ words
14)Simon is character in one of ________ novels
15)”Everyman in his humor” written by?
16) Did caretaker write by?
17)Waiting for Godot’s original language?
18) The stream of consciousness?
19) “Sejanus” is a satirical tragedy by?
21)Does Winding Stair be the poem by?
Unification of senses
23) Time machine-the invisible man written by?
24)The egoist wrote by?
25) Hardy’s own classification of novels?
26)George Eliot wrote Adam Bede at age of?
27)Age of George Eliot?
28) Chaucer was?
30)King Lear wrote in?
1603 to 1606
31)17th century’s historical event?
32)Paradise lost was written in?
33)1660 – 1790 is rise of?
I chose “Drama” but it’s not confirmed. Kindly confirm it
34)Did literature become secular towards the end of?
35)The tragicomedy of Shakespeare is also called?
36)Type of literature, art or music is called?
37)Enthusiastic addiction to study of Greek and Roman antiquity led to?
None (Because it led to Hellenism, romanticism)
38)Prospero was the protagonist of?
39)Age of Pope is called?
40)Does the metaphysical poet be essayed by?
41) Treatise on liberty is written by?
42)The figure of speech, exaggeration for emphasis?
43) Adonis has written for?
44)Songs of innocence and experience belong to?
45)The original title of Pride and Prejudice.
46)Shelley’s first work?
47)The first writer of Picaresque novel?
I chose Thackeray. Kindly confirm it.
48)The road not taken by Frost is included in his collection?
49)Bacon was intellectually great but morally weak. Who said this?
50)Swift’s irony fused into?
51)Nothing is beneath science, nor above science. who said?
I chose Russell
52)Bird in “Ancient Mariner”?
53) Milton got blind in the age of?
54)Hemingway’s nick in later age?
56)John Keats gave up the career of ____ to become a poet.
57) Poet who studied at Cambridge but got no degree?
58) Which century is most important epoch in intellectual history?
59)During the age of Chaucer, England passed through?
60)Marlow’s primitive tragedy?
61)Shakespeare comedy rival?
62)Shakespeare comedy contain continental and?
63) Shakespeare’s heroines have?
64)Who emerged as the philosopher in “Merchant of Venice”?
65) Which play started with the incident of the shipwreck?
66)Sir Gawain and Green knight poems were written in ___ age
67)The process of introducing new words?
68)The war between flesh and spirit in which novel of Hardy?
Jude of the Obscure
69)Norman conquest in?
70)Queen Elizabeth descended throne from?
1. Robert Stuart 2. Robert…. 3. James Stuart
71)University wits estimated literary period is little more than …….. years.
10 years, 8 years, 7 years, 6 years
81)Ulysses poem was written by?
82)Far fetched metaphor?
83)Because I could not stop for death written by?
84)Ted Hughes and Sylvia Plath were?
Husband and wife
85. People do not exist in _______but in functioning______
86. The military censors______passages in letters that they thought might_____ security.
87. Only a ____person could be ______to the suffering of people
88. Volcanic rock very often looks shiny because it had been _____
89. Fire station had been gone on______ at once